Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Seven Years in Tibet...

Okay, not really. I wish.

But I've been at a Tibetan colony for the past two days. It is AMAZING here. We visited the Golden Temple with the girls yesterday and had a chance to visit a monastary. And right before we arrived at the Tibetan colony....we were trekking through a jungle with elephants, peacocks, deer and....LEECHES. IT was awesome because we got to stay at this tribal village, which can be compared to a Native American tribe in the United States. The people at this village are very poor and are living on land specifically allotted for them.

I feel so privileged because there is very limited access into the tribal village (which, by the way, took a 25 minute jeep drive into the jungle!) and foreign internationals are NOT allowed to stay over night in the Tibetan colony.

Crazy!!!

Okay, I don't have much time because we have to cycle to another village in 15 minutes so I must end it here!

All I can say is that I am falling more and more in love with the girls and India as well.

Thank you everyone for your support! I will try to update again soon.

<3, Sharon

P.S. CHAI AND BISCUITS = NEW OBSESSION

2 comments:

  1. WOW! The jungle and everything sounds so exciting! I wish I were there to join you on your adventures! minus the leeches...that's something i can live without XP

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww sounds like youre having so much fun! :) miss you sunshinee

    ReplyDelete